Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android is the most advanced mobile security app for Android devices as proven by independent test scores over the past years. You get a wealth of advanced privacy and security features for your Android Smartphones and tablets-plus many bonus features, including VPN, and Anti-Theft, and Wear On. Easy to install and use, Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android reacts immediately to the malware and viruses with no compromise to the performance of the system. If you want to activate Bitdefender Anti-Theft on Android then, you will need to follow a few steps given in this guide.
With Bitdefender Anti-Theft consisted of the Bitdefender Mobile Security, you can locate, wipe, lock, remotely, or send a message to your device in case of loss or theft. Additionally, your Android phone is capable of self-defense and it snaps a mugshot of anyone who tries to tamper with it in your absence and emails it to you.
Activate Anti-Theft on your Android
To enable Anti-Theft features, you will need to simply complete the configuration process from the Anti-Theft card is available in the Dashboard. Else, you can activate Anti-Theft by following these steps given below:
· First of all, tap on ‘More’ on the bottom navigation bar
· Tap on Anti-Theft and tap on Turn On
· The following procedure will start to help you activate this feature:
NOTE: Additional permissions are needed on Android 6 for the Anti-Theft feature and to enable it,
· Tap on Activate Anti-Theft and after that, tap on Turn On
· Allow permissions for Antivirus to access the location of the device
Grant Admin Privileges – These privileges are necessary to the operation of Anti-Theft and hence must be granted to continue
Set Application PIN – To prevent un-trusted access to your device, a PIN code should be set and every time an attempt will be made to access your device, the PIN will have to be entered first. Else, on devices that support fingerprint authentication, a fingerprint confirmation can be used instead of the configured PIN code. The same PIN code is extensively used by App Lock to protect your installed apps.
Activate Snap Photo – Every time someone will try to unlock your device without success while Snap Photo is turned on, the Bitdefender Security software will take a photo of him. Exactly, every time the PIN code, password, or fingerprint confirmation you set to safeguard your device is incorrectly entered three times in a row, a photo is taken using the front camera. The photo is saved altogether with the time-stamp and reason and can be seen when you are going to open Bitdefender Mobile Security and access the Anti-Theft window.
Alternatively, you can view the taken photo in your Bitdefender account:
· First of all, go to http://central.bitdefender.com and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account
· Then, tap on the menu appears in the left-hand corner and then, choose My Devices
· After that, choose your Android device and then, the Anti-Theft tab
· Now, tap on the three-dot icon appears next to Check your snapshots to view the advanced photos that were taken
· Only the two most current photos are saved and when the Anti-Theft feature is activated and you can enable or disable Web Control commands particularly from the Anti-Theft window just by tapping on the corresponding options.
Follow the above-given steps to activate Bitdefender Anti-Theft on Android. If you are facing any issue then, call on activating Bitdefender Support UK in case if you are facing any issue with this security software. The teams are available all the time to help you in any manner they can.